Lalu Prasad Yadav (born 11 June 1948) is an Indian politician and has been one of the key leaders in the political history of India. He is the president of the political party Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD), a former Chief Minister of Bihar, a former Union Minister of Railways, and a former Member of Parliament of the 15th Lok Sabha.
Lalu Yadav’s birth number is 11, 1+1= 2 which is ruled by Moon.
Lalu Yadav’s destiny number is 1+1+0+6+1+9+4+8= 30, 3+0= 3 which is ruled by Jupiter.
Lalu Yadav’s zodiac sign is Gemini.
He entered politics at Patna University as a student leader and in 1977 at the age of 29, was elected as the youngest member of the Lok Sabha for the Janata Party. He became the Chief Minister of Bihar in 1990. His party came to power in the 2015 Bihar Legislative Assembly election in partnership with Nitish Kumar of JD(U). This coalition ended when Nitish resigned and RJD was ousted, becoming the opposition party. In the 2020 Bihar Legislative Assembly election, RJD remained the single largest party in Bihar and currently serves as the state’s main opposition party. Yadav was convicted in the controversial Fodder Scam and was serving a term until 17th April 2021, when he was granted bail from the High Court in the corruption scandal.
Chronology of political career
1. 1977: Elected to the 6th Lok Sabha at the age of 29 from Chapra (Lok Sabha constituency).
2. 1980: Lost Lok Sabha election from Chapra in January as member of Charan Singh’s Janata (Secular), but won Vidhan Sabha election in June.
3. 1980–1989: Member of the Bihar Legislative Assembly (two terms), from Sonpur (Vidhan Sabha constituency)
4. 1989: A Leader of Opposition of Bihar Legislative Assembly, Chairman of Pustakalaya Committee, Convenor of Committee on Public Undertakings. Re-elected to the 9th Lok Sabha (2nd term) from Chapra (Lok Sabha constituency).
5. 1990–1995: Member of the Bihar Legislative Council.
6. 1990–1997: Chief Minister of Bihar
7. 1995–1998: Member of the Bihar Legislative Assembly, elected from Raghopur (Vidhan Sabha constituency)
8. 1996: Lalu implicated in Fodder Scam
9. 1997: Splits from Janata Dal to form Rashtriya Janata Dal.
10. 1998: Re-elected to 12th Lok Sabha (3rd term) from Madhepura (Lok Sabha constituency).
11. 1998–1999: Member of General Purposes Committee, Committee on Home Affairs and its Sub Committee on Swatantrata Sainik Samman Pension Scheme, Consultative Committee of Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
12. 1999: Lost election from Madhepura (Lok Sabha constituency)
13. 2000: Won election from Raghopur (Vidhan Sabha constituency) and Danapur, but vacated the Raghopur seat for Rabri Devi.
14. 2002: Elected to Rajya Sabha, and vacated his Bihar assembly seat.
15. 2004: Re-elected to the 14th Lok Sabha (4th term) from Chapra and Madhepura; retained Chapra. Appointed Cabinet Minister in the Ministry of Railways in UPA govt. Lalu, wife Rabri Devi, son Tejashwi Yadav and daughter Misa Bharti booked for railway tender bribery scam, disproportionate illegal property and income tax evasion cases in 2017.
16. 2009: Re-elected to the 15th Lok Sabha (5th term). Contested two seats. Lost from Pataliputra but won from Saran, and was disqualified in 2013 subsequent to his conviction in the first fodder scam case. And barred from contesting elections for 6 years.
17. 2020: RJD declares Lalu as Mahagathbandhan coordinator for Assembly polls.
Future of Lalu Yadav in 2021
Lalu Yadav is going to enter the 74th year of his life, 7+4= 11, 1+1= 2 which is ruled by Moon.
2021 is a number 5 year ruled by Mercury.
Lalu Yadav’s lucky numbers are 2, 1, 7.
” Lalu Yadav, who is currently undergoing medical treatment at Delhi’s AIIMS was granted bail on health grounds. In 2021, Laluji would want to enjoy the show by staying behind and tacitly endorsing Tejashwi Yadav’s vision. But his political- intelligence cannot remain idle in the present context of Bihar politics. The former Chief Minister is a great political mathematician, adroit in politics, what local analysts call, ‘Jor-Ghatao’ (addition and subtraction). He has acquired mastery in politics over how a subject can be converted into an issue of people. Lalu Prasad is still considered as a leader of mass, his words and statements in politics are taken seriously by large sections of people and his political manoeuvring is well known to all his opponents giving sleepless nights to Nitish Kumar’s BJP government,” says celebrated Politics astrologer Hirav Shah.