Automobile industry is a large industry that has brands in various segments. Be it a world-class brand with limited edition cars or bikes, or a relatively budget-oriented brand, branding and rebranding is a constant and evolving process. Astro strategist Hirav Shah has a simple, yet highly effective 7-step approach in finding a hassle-free roadmap for brands big and small.
Branding is the core component of any organisation. Branding is what sets apart one brand from another and creates a distinct image of a product or service. Of course, branding means a lot to big brands. In fact, they thrive and survive in the market for decades through strategic branding and positioning of their products in niche markets.
Incidentally, today happens to be the world automobiles day and what is a more appropriate time to think of well-entrenched brands like the Mercedes, Audi, Aston Martin, Maserati, Volvo, Rolls Royce, Ferrari, Lamborghini… the list goes on. These are premium brands that have created a huge image for themselves and are targeted at the well-healed and high-end customers in the market.
It’s not just the cars, but the automobile industry boasts of a variety of high-end motorbikes like Harley Davidson and the like. One thing is common among all these brands – they are made for the crème de la crème of the society and target them by keeping their brand image intact for decades.
There is no faux pas in their dictionary and they function with highly qualified teams who excel in their craft. Right from wheel alignment to the quality of material used for upholstery, each and every minute detail is looked into by experts in the industry and then the final product is put together following a series of tests and modifications. Their coordination helps the company set new goals that keep them future-ready at all times.
While all brands target niche customers, each brand retains its individuality by having unique features that set them apart from one another. They use various celebrities to endorse their products and the celebrities are not randomly picked. A lot of research goes into identifying the right kind of celebrity to take the brand image into public. They have to exude the same level of class and refinement as the product they are brand ambassadors for.
But we cannot pigeon-hole the automobile industry by speaking of just the high-end brands. Automobile industry is a vast industry that caters to various sections of the society. And branding is equally important even in the lower segments, where budget is the bottomline vis-a-vis luxury. The target buyers here go for the best possible options available in their segment and this is where branding helps the auto makers.
Advantages of branding for automobiles
1) Brand reputation: It’s a given that the automobile industry thrives on industry reputation. It has been seen over decades that customers buy automobiles on recommendation, over personal choice. Hence, big brands are very particular of their brand reputation and take every step possible to do any damage control. Which is why, we hear of some automobiles taken off the market following bad reviews.
On the other hand, in the lower segment, reviews can hurt sales. Poorly handled customer support is another major grouse in this segment. No one wants to be stuck with a brand that does not bother with after-sales service.
In today’s time, online support can take care of this problem.
2) Logo: This plays a crucial part in branding of a niche brand. The moment one sees the logo, one can instantly think of all that a brand has on offer. That’s the power of logo. For example, a gold star was the first logo of Mercedes-Benz. However, it was tweaked over years and now the silver circle with three-pointed star in the centre has come to represent the power and reach of the group.
3) Attention grabbing: The branding of a car is so powerful that whenever one sees an automobile on the road or in the media, it instantly grabs eyeballs.
4) Reaching a wider audience: When the automobiles move around, they set an aspiration curve for potential buyers.
5) Social media chatter: Facebook, twitter, instagram are some of the platforms on which brands are discussed. While people do go by user reviews, a brand needs an authoritative voice to take forward its message. So, in today’s digital world, a brand needs a top-class social media team to interact and engage with potential or existing customers.
6) Search engine dominance: A staggering presence of the brand is a must for every automobile brand. Interested buyers must be able to get to the brand with both specific and generic keywords. A good digital marketing team will help place a brand in the top bracket and make sure that the ad throws up in the space above the fold, along with search results.
7) Online surveys: These are crucial to know how a particular brand is doing and is necessary when an organisation is planning to launch a new brand. They will help the manufacturer gauge the requirements of potential buyers.
8) Content dissemination: Automobile industry is a niche industry. The idea is to have an internet marketing team or service that will take the brand, its content, videos and infographics to buyers or existing customers. This will help the influencers in the industry to take note and talk about the brand.
You could be a well-established and world renowned brand. Or you could be a brand looking to reinvest itself. Astro strategist Hirav Shah has a holistic plan of action for your branding and rebranding:
For good business growth and future prospects, astro strategist Hirav Shah shares that it is important to have the necessary ‘luck’ in the personal chart of an individual. However, apart from that, there are a variety of factors that push forth ‘luck’ in business. The name of the business, its logo, the partner’s luck, etc, all determine the success of a business, he avers.
Hirav Shah insists that whatever hard work one puts in or whatever talents one uses to put in smart work by strategizing and implementing those strategies in terms of advertising, marketing, sales, HR, production or service… things have to move smoothly and seamlessly.
According to astro strategist Hirav Shah, that is called the ‘luck’ of the company. So, if the structure of the company or organisation is proper, it helps in utilizing your potential and growth in a productive and positive manner.
How does food taste without salt?
How does a movie work with a weak script?
How can a cricketer bowl well, if the pitch is not well-kept?
How can a formula 1 racer perform if the track is not well-maintained?
Similarly, in business, if the structure of the organization is great (ie, business name, great partners, correct registered and administrative address, logo, web-print-digital presence, brand name, etc), by seeking the help of an astro strategist, a business can make and execute decisions within a perfectly timed framework to maximise success.
Here are the 7 factors that Hirav Shah considers before giving a road map for future branding:
1. Name of the organisation: There is a famous line from the bard of words, Shakespeare. What’s in a name? On the contrary, when it comes to branding, it’s all in the name. Astro strategist Hirav Shah will help you name your organisation or brand or product in sync with numerological and astrological calculations. Look at brands like Audi, Hyundai, – they even bring out ads or social media inputs to tell the customers how to pronounce their brand names.
2. Correct partners: Checking the compatibility, strengths and weaknesses of all partners and administrators is crucial as one weak cog can spoil the ride.
3. Percentage of shares of all partners: Hirav Shah ensures that each partner share is correctly balanced, so there are no disputes or disagreements in the long run.
4. Registered address and administrative address: They should be astrologically compatible with the name of the organization and key people in the company.
5. Logo of the organisation: We have already seen how important the logo of a company is in the case of Mercedes, Ferrari or say Lamborghini. Hirav Shah helps you create and finalize the right logo that reflects your values and attracts the right kind of energy.
6. Web, print and digital presence: In today’s world, where one needs to be seen and heard on various media platforms, Hirav Shah ensures that your digital, print and marketing collaterals are aligned and in harmony with your brand’s purpose and vision.
7. Brand: Last, but surely not the least, astro strategist Hirav Shah makes sure that your brand assets are auspicious for the company and have a positive impact on team morale.